Chess dela Cruz
One afternoon, a man sat on a bench
joining a couple sitting on the other end.
He was at the wide shed waiting for a bus
to stop and load.
But the passing of vehicle was so rare
down the road.
It was so quiet and serene,
and the trees around were so green.
The vast green lawn at the other side
was a scenic view the nature provides.
The blowing of air was so frequent
amidst the sun’s heat current.
Slowly, a motorcycle passed along.
But the soft and gentle sound of its engine
He felt the warm of the heat wave and
the blow of wind mixed.
Later, he closed his eyes and had slept.
After a while, the bus came and unloaded.
The noises woke him up, and he loaded.
Chess dela Cruz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (One Afternoon by Chess dela Cruz )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- midnight dream, Cee Bea
- know you are there...., Ganesh Veeraraghavan
- You Are Your Wish, Gbolagade Taiwo
- a small stop...., Ganesh Veeraraghavan
- Id est, Frank Avon
- December 28th: Feast Of The Holy Innocents, Saiom Shriver
- End of the Year, Light Mark
- Let It Be on Monday, God, Donal Mahoney
- Rain, Devin Lasker
- Lyrics Lifted Aloft, Saiom Shriver