Chess dela Cruz
One afternoon, a man sat on a bench
joining a couple sitting on the other end.
He was at the wide shed waiting for a bus
to stop and load.
But the passing of vehicle was so rare
down the road.
It was so quiet and serene,
and the trees around were so green.
The vast green lawn at the other side
was a scenic view the nature provides.
The blowing of air was so frequent
amidst the sun’s heat current.
Slowly, a motorcycle passed along.
But the soft and gentle sound of its engine
He felt the warm of the heat wave and
the blow of wind mixed.
Later, he closed his eyes and had slept.
After a while, the bus came and unloaded.
The noises woke him up, and he loaded.
Chess dela Cruz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (One Afternoon by Chess dela Cruz )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Exception Perception Has, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Know, Whats-his-name, Lawrence Beck
- Isis: Syria and Iraq, do something!, Rachel Nichols
- THE POOR PEOPLE AND THEIR POVERTY الفقرا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I PROMISE, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- The Spyders, David Lewis Paget
- Monsoon., David Lessard
- Unprepared, Disrespectful 'and' Undiscip.., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Summer Nights, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- THE PRETTY SEASONS AND THE PRETTY ROCK O.., MOHAMMAD SKATI