Chess dela Cruz
One afternoon, a man sat on a bench
joining a couple sitting on the other end.
He was at the wide shed waiting for a bus
to stop and load.
But the passing of vehicle was so rare
down the road.
It was so quiet and serene,
and the trees around were so green.
The vast green lawn at the other side
was a scenic view the nature provides.
The blowing of air was so frequent
amidst the sun’s heat current.
Slowly, a motorcycle passed along.
But the soft and gentle sound of its engine
He felt the warm of the heat wave and
the blow of wind mixed.
Later, he closed his eyes and had slept.
After a while, the bus came and unloaded.
The noises woke him up, and he loaded.
Chess dela Cruz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (One Afternoon by Chess dela Cruz )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- PEOPLE الناس, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- After The Interview...ll, Morgan Michaels
- Follow The Flies, Is It Poetry
- Amazing Grace, Mohammad Siddiqui
- After The Interview..., Morgan Michaels
- Where the Rapture?, Estelle Pigot
- I love you, Hafeni Nghidinua
- haikindof, Mandolyn ...
- Are You Pissed Yet, Francie Lynch
- Mirror (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico