Once upon a time!
Once upon a time,
the beautiful blue river loved
a strong green tree;
The green tree lived
amid the wet blue river;
After decades, the river dried up;
leaving not even a drop of love;
And the green tree too uprooted
without even a leaf of life!
The blue river was my beautiful Mother!
My handsome father was the green Tree!
and now I am the oasis in the desert!
_______________ _________________________________________________ __
Williamsji Maveli's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Once upon a time! by Williamsji Maveli )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- foliage, snehanair manikkath
- Love Lures Life! - sonnet-, Manjeshwari P MYSORE
- Yamashita/Medina Standard, Richard Thripp
- drops of dew, binod bastola
- Hello, This Is Reez, Rimni chakravarty
- Wish You A Good Day, Rimni chakravarty
- Rockin' Socks and Paradox, Monk E. Biz
- Love dale, SALINI NAIR
- Ghost, Jhonas Lumanlan
- Eagerly I want to go with you, Gert Strydom