Once Upon A Christmas
It was a day to remember
The 25th day of December.
It was the season for kindling the fire of hospitality,
In our hearts, the genial flame of charity.
I heard the bells on christmas day
Their old, familiar carols play,
wild and sweet
Their words repeat
of peace on earth,
goodwill to all men.
I was a child again,
but in a different kind of way.
On the hospital bed i lay
causing my family a strain.
It was the christmas which bound my family together,
despite the strain we were under.
It was the christmas of sharing diseases,
and also love in one piece.
In my mind's eye
trying to visualize
which christmas was the most vivid to me,
Then it hit me......
It would forever be this christmas.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Once Upon A Christmas by Isichei Kamé )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- reaching for your hand so i don't get lost, Mandolyn ...
- Share to walk, hasmukh amathalal
- Okay okay I said, gajanan mishra
- Friends are there, hasmukh amathalal
- In deep, hasmukh amathalal
- Truth is supreme, gajanan mishra
- Photograph from September 11, Wislawa Szymborska
- A stain..., GRANT FRASER
- buzz be what?, Mandolyn ...
- The Cat, Novica Tadić