Once Upon A Christmas
It was a day to remember
The 25th day of December.
It was the season for kindling the fire of hospitality,
In our hearts, the genial flame of charity.
I heard the bells on christmas day
Their old, familiar carols play,
wild and sweet
Their words repeat
of peace on earth,
goodwill to all men.
I was a child again,
but in a different kind of way.
On the hospital bed i lay
causing my family a strain.
It was the christmas which bound my family together,
despite the strain we were under.
It was the christmas of sharing diseases,
and also love in one piece.
In my mind's eye
trying to visualize
which christmas was the most vivid to me,
Then it hit me......
It would forever be this christmas.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Once Upon A Christmas by Isichei Kamé )
- 'तस्वीर', Rahul Vyas
- दंङ आंहा कलम गंसे, Ronjoy Brahma
- Men are sexually cruel., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Decrepit, Adam Ruudiina
- NEELA NATH Opulent Poetess Extraordinair.., Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Not with tears, hasmukh amathalal
- Laziness, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Dreams or Dust?, Adam Ruudiina
- Shut up for good, gajanan mishra
- The Enemy, Jose Orozco
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)