On the Divan Divine
Every night on the divan divine
Beside her when I recline
In the comfort of that precious chance
My mind in the sit finds a hidden romance!
It may seem her eyes are glued to TV
But I know they aren’t but riveted on me
In her sensuous silence I don’t fail to notice
The charm of her cheek how they still entice!
I utter not a word love those times’ silence
Like an old lover never out of patience
Stealing from air her old wine fragrance
Just happy to be there clutching the romance!
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On the Divan Divine by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- One Law To Rule Them All?, Terence G. Craddock
- A Maori Prince Immune From Convictions, Terence G. Craddock
- Step Back!, Monk E. Biz
- Sajak Hening Buat Franky Sahilatua (Indo.., Imam Setiaji Ronoatmojo
- Love Your Neighbor, Roxanne Dubarry
- Hidden Voice, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Francine, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- The face of a young woman in pink, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Segundas/Sobre reudas, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Snail Talk for Rosemary, Daniel Brick