Sasha Claire Beckains
On A Perfect Daddy's Day
You're a simple daddy, I know.
But that doesn't mean you're not
You've watched me learn and grow,
and taught me everything I know.
Been there to hold my hand,
so nothing can make me fall. Been
there to guide me all the way, to
make sure I take the right steps.
Although there's times of trouble
along the way, daddy's are never
So here's a special daddy thank you
for believing in everything.
Now it's time for daddy's to choose
what daddy's want to do, today's
your special day and no one can
take that away from you.
And no matter what other daddys say,
it's not called happy father's day..
It's called Happy Daddy's Day!
For my loving, wonderful dad.
Sasha Claire Beckains's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On A Perfect Daddy's Day by Sasha Claire Beckains )
- Not A Sound, Tango Tango
- - People? - (Haiku), Joe Muschaweck
- 男人赋, qin xing
- Genetic Predisposition Towords Violence, Is It Poetry
- Wild Is The Churning Of The Winds, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Honesty, Nassy Fesharaki
- Do Not Be Serious, Kumarmani Mahakul
- 24/7, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Show Me Safe, Susan Lacovara
- What's Wrong WithThe Grown-ups, Zion Odeyemi
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- On Turning Ten, Billy Collins
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1886 - 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)