Flanked by Dame’s rockets and Yarrow
familiar flowers that greet me
every spring with their breezy nods.
Their irresistible, subtle
scents never cease to captivate
my olfactory perception.
I swoon amidst their fragrant breaths
and for one imaginative
moment become their distant kin
with an alien hue and scent
commingling with them nonetheless
until their odoriferous
scents again sober my senses
leaving a feeling of gladness.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Olfaction by Albert Ahearn )
- The Elephant, Somanathan Iyer
- Sea of Life, Suzy Kassem
- A TEACHER-A STUDENT RELATIONSHIP ANYTIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Part Sun and Moon, Suzy Kassem
- A Teacher-A Student Relationship, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Like Mother, Like Lover, Suzy Kassem
- History, Suzy Kassem
- Weightless, tolu ogundare
- To All Mankind, Suzy Kassem
- First Phase Of Life, SALINI NAIR