Old Woman and Pig, Jaipur
The bus stalled at a pot-hole
I watched through the steamed-up window
An old woman pause to squat.
Lifting her colourful sari
(Fiery as Siva, golden as marigolds)
Near to a sacred ghat,
She exposed her withered withers,
Assumed the excreting position.
Her body divided sharply,
A curving scimitar slash;
Through the thin grey gash
A brown banana of shit
Emerged from its peel
A noon deposit the rooting hog would bank.
sheena blackhall's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Old Woman and Pig, Jaipur by sheena blackhall )
- Harvest Moon, Naveed Khalid
- Autumn, Naveed Khalid
- The Heart Of Man, Tony Adah
- A Study, Naveed Khalid
- Maturity, Far Lapenna
- Surrender, Suresh Dogra
- ' [ Why I Still Love You ] ', Ency Bearis
- Choices for the time being, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Who can be blamed?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Hawaii, Dress Appropriately, Margaret Alice Second