Edgard Canales P
People say my struggles have made my eyes real deep
clear windows to my soul,
but I believe its more than what you see.
I believe I have and old soul,
in the center of my existences
right at the very core,
some how, I know that I have lived before.
At times my mind just wonders off
short movie clips in my head
Like revelations sent from above.
I travel to many places in different times
Parallel universes and other dimensions that intertwine.
These are no dreams or products of my imagination
true memories from past lives, at different locations.
Can't explain how in my mind I see these things
Real yet my life feels like a
thought with in a thought
dream with in a dream.
Is Life just another Déjà vu?
I search for peace with in the truth.
I always ask myself, Do I get carried away?
other lives ended with tragic deaths
so, in this life what will be my fate?
Over my old soul,
my mind constantly generating thoughts
I ponder over this a lot...
Edgard Canales P's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Old Soul by Edgard Canales P )
- The ragged men of Indian English poetry, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Thoughts, nicholle gibson
- PH: Sin: The Wages Of Sin, Brian Johnston
- Ideals Envisioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- America Radicalized, Is It Poetry
- Just before Midnight, Frank Avon
- I and I, Daniel Erdner
- Love: Don't Bargain, Aftab Alam
- War is lust and Peace is Love,, Aftab Alam
- Endless game, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)