Edgard Canales P
People say my struggles have made my eyes real deep
clear windows to my soul,
but I believe its more than what you see.
I believe I have and old soul,
in the center of my existences
right at the very core,
some how, I know that I have lived before.
At times my mind just wonders off
short movie clips in my head
Like revelations sent from above.
I travel to many places in different times
Parallel universes and other dimensions that intertwine.
These are no dreams or products of my imagination
true memories from past lives, at different locations.
Can't explain how in my mind I see these things
Real yet my life feels like a
thought with in a thought
dream with in a dream.
Is Life just another Déjà vu?
I search for peace with in the truth.
I always ask myself, Do I get carried away?
other lives ended with tragic deaths
so, in this life what will be my fate?
Over my old soul,
my mind constantly generating thoughts
I ponder over this a lot...
Edgard Canales P's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Old Soul by Edgard Canales P )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
RoseAnn V. Shawiak
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Don't Go Far Off, Pablo Neruda
- Three Wise Men, Bill Simmons
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Drink, Smoke, Pray & Pop Pills., Tom Zart
- His Birthday, Neela Nath
- Last Night, Swrji Basumatary
- A proposal to wake up, none .....
- Dreams are All That Remain, Rohit Sapra
- Flowers By The Roadside, Maurice Rowlands
- You are born to be a poet, ramesh rai
- Beautiful flower, gajanan mishra
- A Fool, crystal ruth
- The Game, douglas scotney