Old And New
Thou hast made me known to friends whom I knew not.
Thou hast given me seats in homes not my own.
Thou hast brought the distant near and made a brother of the stranger.
I am uneasy at heart when I have to leave my accustomed shelter;
I forget that there abides the old in the new,
and that there also thou abidest.
Through birth and death, in this world or in others,
wherever thou leadest me it is thou, the same,
the one companion of my endless life
who ever linkest my heart with bonds of joy to the unfamiliar.
When one knows thee, then alien there is none, then no door is shut.
Oh, grant me my prayer that I may never lose
the bliss of the touch of the one
in the play of many.
Rabindranath Tagore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Old And New by Rabindranath Tagore )
Did you read them?
- Kind Santa, lee fones
- The Farmworker, Terry Dawson
- blow up doll, lee fones
- Please Mommy, Stephen Morris Jr
- Bruce Lee, A Star Sinked in the Sea of Art, Joseph Oladehinde Ibikunle
- rude book, lee fones
- To Rise Again, Tom Zart
- Clouds of brinkmanship, Oti Egwu
- Heroes, Nassy Fesharaki
- O1O→5959→1049 신규 대전오피, O1Oa5959a1049 O1Oa5959a1049
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Clear Midnight, Walt Whitman
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)