Oh, Where Has My Best Friend Forever Gone?
We were walking together side by side,
My Best Friend Forever and I.
It was on a beautiful summer's day,
that she went away from me.
Was it meant to be that we were
To be separated throughout all eternity?
All I have left of our beautiful memories,
are the things that she left behind-
She wore no coat, it was a warm day outside.
I still have tear drops freely falling from mine
Eyes! I have her bright red reading glass' case
still in my hand. Why didn't I understand her
when she was always talking about the soon return
Of The Son of Man!
'I know that you do not fear neither God nor man.
You never asked Him to lead you by your hand.
You failed to ask Him into your heart-
thereby giving your life a brand new start.
You failed to ask Him to wash your sins away.
And now I will be leaving you behind one of these
'And now, dear diary I am really afraid. Is it too late for me?
Have I already sealed my eternal destiny? ' Is it too late for me to call out to the Son of Man and ask Him to carry me away to my Heavenly promise land?
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
They found my body the very next day. I feel fast asleep and
His angel carried me away. What a reunion we had then! I was reunited with my very Best Friend Forever More!
Love in Christ Jesus!
Roxanne Lea Dubarry
aka Roxy54/October Country
Comments about this poem (Oh, Where Has My Best Friend Forever Gone? by Roxanne Dubarry )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Tolerancee is...., hasmukh amathalal
- Recalling Sequences, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sleep, Adam Latham
- Dead To You, Dexsta Ray
- Act Of Charity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Vengeance, Leong Ming Loong
- Syllable Of Meaning, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Touching Rendition, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dahshatgard, Bano Ali
- Safe Haven, Denis Martindale