Oh, Where Has My Best Friend Forever Gone?
We were walking together side by side,
My Best Friend Forever and I.
It was on a beautiful summer's day,
that she went away from me.
Was it meant to be that we were
To be separated throughout all eternity?
All I have left of our beautiful memories,
are the things that she left behind-
She wore no coat, it was a warm day outside.
I still have tear drops freely falling from mine
Eyes! I have her bright red reading glass' case
still in my hand. Why didn't I understand her
when she was always talking about the soon return
Of The Son of Man!
'I know that you do not fear neither God nor man.
You never asked Him to lead you by your hand.
You failed to ask Him into your heart-
thereby giving your life a brand new start.
You failed to ask Him to wash your sins away.
And now I will be leaving you behind one of these
'And now, dear diary I am really afraid. Is it too late for me?
Have I already sealed my eternal destiny? ' Is it too late for me to call out to the Son of Man and ask Him to carry me away to my Heavenly promise land?
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
They found my body the very next day. I feel fast asleep and
His angel carried me away. What a reunion we had then! I was reunited with my very Best Friend Forever More!
Love in Christ Jesus!
Roxanne Lea Dubarry
aka Roxy54/October Country
Comments about this poem (Oh, Where Has My Best Friend Forever Gone? by Roxanne Dubarry )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- The actor and the witness, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Possessive of God, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- The forbidden ritual, Mark Heathcote
- WHEN ON ME THEY CANNOT FEED, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Fragility, Akhtar Jawad
- Reading History and Thinking of Today (S.., Luo Zhihai
- Tough Love (Quatrains), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- We Did Not Choose To Be, But We Are (Qu.., Cynthia BuhainBaello
- THE REALITY, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Dream, Neela Nath