Oh heart, oh heart, why must you beat?
Oh heart, oh heart, why must you weap?
Oh heart, oh heart, why must you hide?
Oh heart, oh heart, what lies inside?
Oh heart, oh heart, why must you cry?
Oh heart, oh heart, why do you despise?
Oh heart, oh heart, why are you weak?
Oh heart, oh heart, why can't you speak?
Oh heart, oh heart, why must you burn?
Oh heart, oh heart, why can't you learn?
Oh heart, oh heart, what went wrong?
Oh, heart, oh heart, can't you be strong?
Oh heart, oh heart, why are you blue?
Oh heart, oh heart, where are you?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Oh, Heart' by Whitney Albright )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- the spoken, oskar hansen
- The may, Albert Basumatary
- where gloves meet skin, Mandolyn ...
- THE LAW, glen pugh
- A Butterfly Now, Kyle Schlicher
- To My Friend, A Sonnet, Luis Estable
- My Assignment.(limerick), BADMUS JUBRIL
- I Wait For You, Kyle Schlicher
- Busy man, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Where Love Falls, Kyle Schlicher