You are an invader.
In broad day light you sit in pride.
On our land, cocking a snook in Confucius style.
Devoid of justice, humane substance, utterly shameless.
Like a proud criminal,
Gleaming at exploits of homicide, rape, child abuse, and unspeakable'.
We are in shock,
We always knew you were a barbarian manufacturing soft toys,
We suspected the stuffed toys were pregnant with the vampires of blood lust.
Of ghosts of millions of your own whom you slaughtered because they begged to differ.
We don't want to Nuke you, we want our way of life to be,
We don't want to turn into butchers just because of your debauchery.
Alas if we had the strength, which we once did,
To go on indefinite fast until death,
Till you withdrew from our Holy Lands.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
The People's Republic of China has invaded into India and ingress end into 19 Kilometers of our territory across the international border. The People's Republic of China sits there shamelessly in broad day light, in full knowledge of the international community. When Saddam invaded Kuwait the world blew his head off, The world is bought by China, therefore it seems the world is waiting for China to come and blow their heads off.
Comments about this poem (Oh China by Hardik Vaidya )
- a dramatic lover.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- under developed.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Escape, Sandra Feldman
- MUSIC OFF THE WALL! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Expander, Kim Barney
- I believe you never will be too late, Trong Phan
- Angel's fear, gulsher JOHN
- when i loved you and you loved her and s.., Mandolyn ...
- LOve is replaced, hasmukh amathalal
- The lonely wolf, denise nixon
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Sitting On A Scarlet, Edward Kofi Louis
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Sad, wayne kers
- The Last Bell, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow