Offer your anger to me as fee!
A king took his son for learning to a teacher
who already knows how much the citizens suffer
Hence the teacher sternly advised the king
who got extremely angry; but didn't say anything!
He kept quiet for the sake of the education of the prince,
The prince had completed his education in the school once,
While he was offering the fee to the teacher voluntarily
He said, “I will accept it when the need comes, quietly”!
After the prince arrived the palace, the king sent his army,
ordered for destroying the school in the forest thoroughly,
The prince, without knowing, what had happened
went once again to the forest and thereby found;
The teacher was conducting classes in the river bed,
The prince came to know about the king’s cruelty!
Somehow when the prince offered the fee,
the teacher said, “I don’t need it now too’!
‘I will ask and accept it when the time comes’
While the prince returned to the palace desperately,
The teacher also followed him behind very silently,
The prince pulled his sword swiftly!
He was about to cut his father’s head angrily,
“How dare you insulted the honorable teacher
Who pinpointed your ruling cruelly so far? ”
Instantly, the teacher appeared before him there!
Said, ”O’ my son! You offer
your fees to me and kill your father’
Shocked by seeing the teacher surprisingly,
He offered lot of gold and gems generously!
The teacher asked him, “O’ my sincere disciple!
Will you offer me whatever ask, for example?
While the prince nodded affirmatively,
The teacher asked him very calmly!
“Offer your anger to me as fee”
The prince put down his sword,
humbly offered what the teacher wanted,
Anger kills and never offer reward!
A fool gives full vent to his anger,
but a wise man keeps himself under control!
Buddha says, “Holding on to anger is like grasping
a hot coal, you are the one who gets burned”!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Offer your anger to me as fee! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Michael P. McParland
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Question, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- On Christmas Evening, John Lars Zwerenz
- MAX, Dog goD 8Hate
- Defective, gajanan mishra
- Deep Pain, Michael P. McParland
- Miracle Of Compassion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dedication, Michael P. McParland
- Deciet?, Michael P. McParland
- He is on earth, hasmukh amathalal
- Death And Destruction, Michael P. McParland
- The Solution, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath