Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
Of Social Infection...
I am shivering cold
by chemical means,
by congenital state,
through genetic root,
that one might toe-tag
as socially expired
in cultural terms, of course.
Still, that does little
for they who have been
unblessed to witness
and feel the ice
that lay in my veins,
C R A C K L I N G.........
Who am I, you ask?
I smirk, lips pressed...
I am all, no less
than my mindworks permit
in conditions prevailing afront me,
revealing my hemispheres
wrapping my thoughts for the day...
in iron-clad gray,
so my toxic, socialized poison
doesen't break its bloody dam,
pour its neurological lava
'pon your sweet, warm aura,
and scald your young flesh
to ashen-char black.
Ssshhhh...No sense of taking to panic...uh-uh.
I am Social Infection, and
I want to see you
writhing in my tomb,
so keep on doing
all you've been doing-
war on, curse peace,
make bias your faith;
it's your world....
'Make My Day'!
___ FjR ___
© 2014-All rights reserved
Frank James Ryan, Jr/FjR
Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Of Social Infection... by Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR )
- "Vae victis! ", Lento Maez
- the death of a little girl, Lizzy Hartwig
- Not Far Off: A New Beginning, M.J Donnchadh
- My Master, Aftab Alam
- There Are Two Worlds, Neela Nath
- Dirt Is Not Love, Neela Nath
- from 'The Double V', Morgan Michaels
- God Feeds the Birds, Dr John Celes
- Floating On, Neela Nath
- Perhaps I Did It Once, Shalom Freedman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)