Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
Of Social Infection...
I am shivering cold
by chemical means,
by congenital state,
through genetic root,
that one might toe-tag
as socially expired
in cultural terms, of course.
Still, that does little
for they who have been
unblessed to witness
and feel the ice
that lay in my veins,
C R A C K L I N G.........
Who am I, you ask?
I smirk, lips pressed...
I am all, no less
than my mindworks permit
in conditions prevailing afront me,
revealing my hemispheres
wrapping my thoughts for the day...
in iron-clad gray,
so my toxic, socialized poison
doesen't break its bloody dam,
pour its neurological lava
'pon your sweet, warm aura,
and scald your young flesh
to ashen-char black.
Ssshhhh...No sense of taking to panic...uh-uh.
I am Social Infection, and
I want to see you
writhing in my tomb,
so keep on doing
all you've been doing-
war on, curse peace,
make bias your faith;
it's your world....
'Make My Day'!
___ FjR ___
© 2014-All rights reserved
Frank James Ryan, Jr/FjR
Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Of Social Infection... by Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR )
- Raymond J Wright
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(3 February 1874 – 27 July 1946)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(21 May 1688 – 30 May 1744)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- There is another sky, Emily Dickinson
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Chivalrous Me, Jara Son of Ahaz
- Love, love and love, hasmukh amathalal
- Money, Hanh Chau
- 'Daydream's Lunacy', Katherine York
- Poet, Hanh Chau
- Goodnight Kiss 2, Michael P. McParland
- The New Me, Joshua Hillard
- My Dreams, Joshua Hillard
- the passage of thyme, delilah contrapunctal.... ye ..
- The death of all things, Nero CaroZiv