Of our Imperfections
Of our cannibalism we speak
Of a desire to change our society
Man’s inhumanity to man
A secret plan for a return
Oh! What return I may ask?
The philosophical saying of a state of nature
Whether by ‘Hobbessian’ theory or ‘Lockeian’ practice
What do we say of our mortality?
For we all seek for a state of immortality
But I ask again
Who shall grant a state of immortality?
When mortals cannot endure mortals
Not even the creator
For He created us for peaceful co-habitation
But in our imperfections, we seek perfection
Olukayode Olugbemi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Of our Imperfections by Olukayode Olugbemi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- strayed desires, Asma Riaz Khan
- Kill me............, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Let me salute you, gajanan mishra
- Life is Beautiful, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Changing Landscapes Of Time, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- should i add this to our Irish stew?, Mandolyn ...
- Reflections, Nero CaroZiv
- The shadow in my garden, Piyush Dey
- Something and something, gajanan mishra
- OUR PAINS AND OUR SUFFERINGS, MOHAMMAD SKATI