Of Life And Death
oh my oh my oh my oh my..
huya uzoona zviripano nhai hama yangu(come watch this spectacle my dear)
what l sight! no camera nor artist can capture that! all that splendor!
the red big ball of fire climbing slowly
from l don't know where
there is a blessing in the air
in my sincere gratitude l enjoy the fullness of life
l feel it in the evocative murmur of the sea
above where the red ball continue to glide
its light falling neatly across the glistening water
in the deepest recesses of my soul
l know money does not guarantee happiness
nor will a diamond chain but these simple treats from mother nature.
each day l strive and struggle to deliver right the music of my ancestors
l am not moved at all that the notes l handle no better than many
my heart tells me l am the hero of my story
the eyes of my soul l kept open as summer rolled into autumn
autumn swiftly handing over to winter.
it all feels like an illusion. an illusionist in the house?
for l feel not all the same that we move
yet l welcome still each new day full of things that never have been
like the seasons l know we have a limited time
yet we have no way of knowing when out time is up unlike the seasons
such that we should live each season to the fullest
as if it was the only one we had.
this red moon nourishing this culture physically, emotionally and spiritually
in this day where most are spiritually starved, overfed yet malnourished.
Tafadzwa Matamba's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Of Life And Death by Tafadzwa Matamba )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Robert Louis Stevenson
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Madhushala, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- जिद्द............., sanjay kumar maurya
- An Unblind and a Blind Man, Luo Zhihai
- चादर तेरे प्रित की............., sanjay kumar maurya
- family visit, oskar hansen
- Thank the love gift me the verses by Ra.., Yuri Starostin
- पूनम का चांंद.............., sanjay kumar maurya
- An Angelic Figure, Ahmad Husain
- And the Trains Go On, Philip Levine
- Hair-raising, hafiz qasim
- Desperadoes, gajanan mishra