Of Life And Death
oh my oh my oh my oh my..
huya uzoona zviripano nhai hama yangu(come watch this spectacle my dear)
what l sight! no camera nor artist can capture that! all that splendor!
the red big ball of fire climbing slowly
from l don't know where
there is a blessing in the air
in my sincere gratitude l enjoy the fullness of life
l feel it in the evocative murmur of the sea
above where the red ball continue to glide
its light falling neatly across the glistening water
in the deepest recesses of my soul
l know money does not guarantee happiness
nor will a diamond chain but these simple treats from mother nature.
each day l strive and struggle to deliver right the music of my ancestors
l am not moved at all that the notes l handle no better than many
my heart tells me l am the hero of my story
the eyes of my soul l kept open as summer rolled into autumn
autumn swiftly handing over to winter.
it all feels like an illusion. an illusionist in the house?
for l feel not all the same that we move
yet l welcome still each new day full of things that never have been
like the seasons l know we have a limited time
yet we have no way of knowing when out time is up unlike the seasons
such that we should live each season to the fullest
as if it was the only one we had.
this red moon nourishing this culture physically, emotionally and spiritually
in this day where most are spiritually starved, overfed yet malnourished.
Tafadzwa Matamba's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Of Life And Death by Tafadzwa Matamba )
- SOME THOUGHTS ABOUT THE SUN, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- I am always with you, gajanan mishra
- SOFT POCKET HERCULES, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- You cannot go, gajanan mishra
- Rebecca, Claudia Scott
- DREAM TIME, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- ABOUT NOTHING, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- Humpty Dumpty, michael hagwood
- ELEGY FOR THE LIVING, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- guardian angel, Miss. Tanease Berry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)