Lightly beneath a transparent veil,
Lost within the loneliest space,
Evil spirits have taken sail,
Upon the sea of fallen grace.
Traveling through a barren land,
On a life created from fear,
Endless desert of changing sand,
No oasis of salvation near.
Wondering among a faceless crowd,
Empty emotions fill the void,
A darkened sky, of heavy cloud
Once beautiful, now destroyed.
Well hidden is the deadly snare,
Camouflage hides the truth,
Deception breeds within her lair,
Attacks the innocence of youth.
A poison in the blood doth flow,
False security pumps the heart,
Restricting all but pain to grow,
Life's true spirit; torn apart.
G.R. Gaus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Of Fear by G.R. Gaus )
- The CPI(M) , The Aim & Motive of It (The.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rings I Have Worn, Susan Lacovara
- Is The CPI(M) Itself Good And Gentle?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A daily fun!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ray of Hope, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath