Ode to Those People You Can't Find on Facebook....
I've been thinking
that the best thing
one can do for their
social media life
is not have one.
Every year or so
I think about my old friend Mr.Smith.
I met him my freshman year in college
on the wrestling team.
He was a lanky kid
smoked a lot of hash
and always wore a ski cap.
He dated petite blond girls
but saved his love for his snow board.
Anyhow, when I do think of him
I immediately jump on facebook and see
if I he has a 'social media presence.'
Unless he goes by some other name now.
And I make up all kinds of crazy stories
Maybe he's a spy
or a former spy who now helps people in distress
or a drug runner
dragging hash from Mexico
and into Colorado.
Maybe he dates a supermodel
or an aspiring actress.
Maybe he's a bum who hitchhikes
all over the country
gets an odd job
stays long enough
until he has enough money to leave
then hits the road again.
Maybe he's an enterprising entrepreneur.
Maybe he's a chef.
Sometimes I think he's a ski bum
who lives the kind of life
where he snowboards all day
and smokes hash all night
and beds beautiful petite blonde
girls on vacation from Connecticut.
Sometimes I think he moved to LA and surfs
instead of snowboards.
probably are more interesting than the real story.
They are certainly more interesting
than the shit I see on facebook every morning.....
Manny Furious's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ode to Those People You Can't Find on Facebook.... by Manny Furious )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- selah, don't say la la la..., Mandolyn ...
- Ego Rulers Built Massive Monuments, Terence G. Craddock
- Capitalistic Perceived Important People, Terence G. Craddock
- here's an itty bitty bite, Mandolyn ...
- Remember Me (Dedicated 2 those that have.., Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- school lunch woes and whoa it's healthy!, Mandolyn ...
- lack of caffeine means this, Mandolyn ...
- Happy Birthday Son, Rowina M Mallick
- Why Do Turtles Cross The Road?, Darlene Walsh
- Distress, Nick Kler