Ode To Shannon Steele
I'm a professor by day,
A detective by night,
I teach education and listen to what my student's say,
However, try as I might,
I must confess,
I'm not as careful as the rest.
On my way to get married,
I'm almost killed,
Thrown in a closet and left for dead.
That's not way to treat a man about to be wed!
Then on my wedding day,
I find out that my honeymoon takes place,
Before I was born!
How is that possible?
I wondered in my head,
While all the time I’m dodging the Nazi's running around my bed.
Now all of this may sound odd to you,
But you too can learn by buying book two.
The Catered Affair, it's a good read,
It's the type that all of you will need.
Nadalia Bagratuni's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ode To Shannon Steele by Nadalia Bagratuni )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- I'll Never Forget, Michael P. McParland
- stealing my hostess' twinkie then givin'.., Bull Hawking
- DERBY AT THE GYM, RIC S. BASTASA
- and then the body aches., RIC S. BASTASA
- to each his own..., RIC S. BASTASA
- somehow, you keep thinking, has God forg.., RIC S. BASTASA
- two frogs jumping each other @ sueinlove.., Bull Hawking
- Come fly to me my Muse of love divine, Erato
- Who Takes The Next Step?, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Stick Around, Leah Ayliffe