Renjith V. Sathyan
Ode to Motherland
Never a poet, a lover of beauty.
Nor a singer, a devotee of music.
Words burst out from my heart.
Music whistles from my mind.
Now I am bound to sing aloud
The things which I saw in this land.
Mountains, valleys, rivers and streams
Make your body cute and divine.
But thy children….I feel shame,
Don’t you see the battlefield?
The river of blood and heap of heads,
Make thy body marshy place.
And they will dig the grave for you
That makes me lament and weep always.
Oh my motherland I am alone,
I wish to do a lot for you…but,
My sight is fading, limbs are vanishing
And my body is melting from the soul.
Now I can’t make my words and sing,
Oh! My motherland, I am alone.
Renjith V. Sathyan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ode to Motherland by Renjith V. Sathyan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Beginning The Day, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Split Second, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- It is no surprise, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Spiritual Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Saw Planets, Naveed Akram
- Saviour By The Road Side, Juwon Daniel
- went a walk, lee fones
- The Moon's Present Woe, cheryl davis miller
- Funeral, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Mount Patsy Land, Richard Thripp