Is It Poetry
Ode To Caroline
Ode To Caroline
Before she was born, the moment I died, day replaced night.
Verily my brothers and you my sisters, to Mary cried.
Strange is this world in which even I, try to hide.
Upside down, none but one had ever tried.
Unto you by word of mouth, by mine this your rule of law.
While twisted tounges predisposed did in the dark rearrange,
all that was read unto them, never done.
I behind you, always I walked,
I have never run while ahead of me, walks your shadow.
Back to the place before you were born, I could hear,
those very thoughts, that I to you spoke of.
I know where you hide them,
unborn children glow green, birds without wings can not fly.
For the lack of your mental hospitals,
many jails and your heavily guarded prisons.
This will be the next heaven,
for all of you, my sons and daughters.
To regress and never while knowing, try to evolve.
Why it is that you place my daughter and her father
instead of Karen, in harms way.
Where I have gone ahead,
that you looking back can not follow?
Questions to the answers I spoke of to you,
and why, no one listened.
Now look at this Daughter, of mine she neglected,
it Prophet's none.
Numb with sleep where ahead of me, you placed Karen.
Religion to see over blind science,
here some but for one, would not have been born.
Afraid of the dark,
here all alone, all of this to her, I once promised.
Is It Poetry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ode To Caroline by Is It Poetry )
- Poles, Edward Kofi Louis
- Fictional Love, Stacey Austin
- Too Late Again., Tom Higgins
- Cutting my losses., michael walker
- Moonlight Shadows, Tango Tango
- Thoughts of Nought., Tom Higgins
- Lotsa Limericks - It Couldn't be Verse, Terry O'Leary
- JUDGEMENT DAY, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- Wedding Vows, Clive Blake
- Dark Clouds, Tanja Bakic
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)