Ode to a Friend
No hand of friend,
can touch you.
After all, have you not grown better?
Has your third eye opened,
and you see better and beyond,
us, your mortal friends?
and what of the old smiles?
Do YOU look at ME,
with ill contempt?
Your built arms,
could carry a thousand weights,
more than me.
shines your hair,
or so it did,
the last time we spoke.
I miss you,
Will you come back?
Maybe we could talk,
of idle things,
Maybe you would sing for us,
your melody to last for years.
Nicholas Peter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ode to a Friend by Nicholas Peter )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Recognition Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- बिमा, Ronjoy Brahma
- i still weep for June~, Mandolyn ...
- Uncombed Sanctity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Good Morning, Cathy Hodgson
- Foolish People Sayings, Terence G. Craddock
- Today's Journey, Cathy Hodgson
- Death Wishes, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Prayer For Peace, Savita Tyagi
- Unknown Qualities, RoseAnn V. Shawiak