Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
There is a passion in me
that doesn't long for anything
from another human being.
I was given something else,
a cap to wear in both worlds.
It fell off. No matter.
One morning I went to a place beyond dawn.
A source of sweetness that flows
and is never less.
I have been shown a beauty
that would confuse both worlds,
but I won't cause that uproar.
I am nothing but a head
set on the ground
as a gift for Shams.
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ode 1620 by Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi )
- Shift and Drift, Aftab Alam
- Rivalry is humane to time, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- Certain attitudes to be followed by the .., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Sorry-Wrong Number, Aftab Alam
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Jesus Of Nazareth, Naveed Khalid
- Keebored Problems, Phil Soar
- Antiques, Naveed Khalid
- Romance II, Naveed Khalid
- azoneofpoetryaartisphoenixnow, Nyein Way