Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
There is a passion in me
that doesn't long for anything
from another human being.
I was given something else,
a cap to wear in both worlds.
It fell off. No matter.
One morning I went to a place beyond dawn.
A source of sweetness that flows
and is never less.
I have been shown a beauty
that would confuse both worlds,
but I won't cause that uproar.
I am nothing but a head
set on the ground
as a gift for Shams.
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ode 1620 by Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi )
Did you read them?
- Equations: Friend Or Enemy, Guess Who
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Love II, Naveed Khalid
- Power of Truth, Somanathan Iyer