October To Recover
There at the eve where October planned her suicide,
l embraced praise and worship hoping to recover all that was lost over the years.
There at the gloom where October groaned to dethrone her grains,
l burned my candle hooting to recover the bloom of my dream.
There at the throne where October struggled to end her rule for the year,
l waited to build my drone for the fears ahead.
There at the nest where October decided to rest her neck,
l ragged to set my quest for the task ahead.
There at the mountain where October feed on fears and drank the tears of distress,
l mounted my fountain of hope and coat ahead.
There at the garden of flowers where October watered her field for the last time,
l planted my seeds of expectation and desires.
There at the season where October reasoned the purpose of her living,
l hallowed the Lord in the eve of halloween.
There at the moment of moments where the fate of October was to be determined,
l pleaded to have the grace to embrace November.
Valentine Mbagu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (October To Recover by Valentine Mbagu )
- Big Cat Nap - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- What's the half truth of half world, Aftab Alam
- A Polar Star to Show Your Way, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Walking Is a Way of Life, Frank Avon
- Sirpent, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- And then there were none, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- The Upstairs Witch, David Lewis Paget
- Breeze of love, SALINI NAIR
- Mt. Eden, Frank Avon
- I am in love with you, ambitious blessing
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Learn to Live, Roopa Menon
- Not Waving but Drowning, Stevie Smith
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)