Is October Country able to experience a spirtual rebirth by
composing inspirational, and Christian poetry? Truly, October
is the month God her Creator choose for her physical
Her Creator has chosen to fill her soul and spirit with sweet
He has given her the gift to know, ' right
from wrong and weak from strong.'
He has set her soul free by granting her the
gift of liberty, as well as the freedom
ability, to be the very best that she can be.
She has chosen to dedicate the remainder of her life to
faithfully serving her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!
Love in Christ Jesus!
Roxanne Lea Dubarry
aka Roxy54/ October Country
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Washington's Snohomish County- Faith Lutheran Church.
Like the first version, I decided to write my poem in the third personal pronoun of her for poetic effect. I believe this poetic artform probably was more popular in the 19th and early 20th century poetry. Please correct me if I am wrong.
This poem is my own personal spirtual testamony not only about my poetry, but also about dedicating the remainder of my life to
faithfully serving Jesus Christ!
I have a poetic Christian friend on face book who is also very talented. His name is David. Hopefully, my poetic endeavors will lead and guide you along your own spirtual pathways not only in this life, but also in heaven.
Comments about this poem ('October Country#2' by Roxanne Dubarry )
- A PRELUDE (To December), Vinaya Joseph
- Lucien, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Ghazal - Qyamat Ho Gai Hay, Bano Ali
- Stand Up Witness Your Dream, Fatima Nusairat
- Zero Turkey Wing, Havilah
- Reading and Writing, umaprosad das
- The Afternoon, Leong Ming Loong
- Aligarh Muslim University & Raja Mahendr.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Storm Warning, ESPN CHICK
- A Kiss To Otis Redding, Electric Lady
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)