Is October Country able to experience a spirtual rebirth by
composing inspirational, and Christian poetry? Truly, October
is the month God her Creator choose for her physical
Her Creator has chosen to fill her soul and spirit with sweet
He has given her the gift to know, ' right
from wrong and weak from strong.'
He has set her soul free by granting her the
gift of liberty, as well as the freedom
ability, to be the very best that she can be.
She has chosen to dedicate the remainder of her life to
faithfully serving her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!
Love in Christ Jesus!
Roxanne Lea Dubarry
aka Roxy54/ October Country
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Washington's Snohomish County- Faith Lutheran Church.
Like the first version, I decided to write my poem in the third personal pronoun of her for poetic effect. I believe this poetic artform probably was more popular in the 19th and early 20th century poetry. Please correct me if I am wrong.
This poem is my own personal spirtual testamony not only about my poetry, but also about dedicating the remainder of my life to
faithfully serving Jesus Christ!
I have a poetic Christian friend on face book who is also very talented. His name is David. Hopefully, my poetic endeavors will lead and guide you along your own spirtual pathways not only in this life, but also in heaven.
Comments about this poem ('October Country#2' by Roxanne Dubarry )
- Ego Control, Ali Faisal
- Coming Home, Randy McClave
- what is this? i don't even..., Mandolyn ...
- Today is but tomorrow..., David Lessard
- Sa hagupit ni Yolanda, nagkabuhol-buhol, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- At Nights, Madrason writer
- Trajectorya ng masuyong hampas-lupa, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- falling down a well, well, you pushed me, Mandolyn ...
- Indeed, george albot
- Poets, Do You Agree?, Sandra Feldman
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)