Is it true that October Country can grow
older gracefully? While I am composing
Christian and inspirational poetry?
For the Holy Spirit's sweet soulful
songs fills my soul coninually.
October is the month that my mother,
Eleanor May Dubarry, gave me birth.
Shortly after midnight, on October
4,1954 I made my appearence on
planet earth. The city of Seattle,
Swedish Hospital. Yes, my mother
had her hands full.
August 25,1952 my sister, Lynn Ellen
Dubarry was born. But she was not
torn into two parts. Her life was
given a brand new head start.
Yes, the Holy Spirit was buys singing
poetic songs on that day I came to be.
Yes, I sing beautiful songs all the day
long. By composing inspiring poetry,
I learned just how much my Creator
must love even me.
Love in Chris Jesus!
Roxanne Lea Dubarry
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Roxy54- short for my name, Roxanne.54 means 1954- the year I was born.
Comments about this poem (October Country#1 by Roxanne Dubarry )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(August 8, 1884 – January 29, 1933)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Human Family, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- Thy melody is lost, ramesh rai
- Under The Raging Water, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Daughter of Eve, ramesh rai
- Schmacebook, Esther Moe
- Excuses, Michelle Dragonfly
- They Say, Michelle Dragonfly
- someone asked me why i have so many jars.., Mandolyn ...
- Not A Fairytale, Apolynn Lagaras
- let's worship nothing, forever, Mandolyn ...
- Keep Patience and Stand, Kumarmani Mahakul