The seabirds fly amid the clouds
and all along fear naught to pray
accompany the autumn shrouds
that deference the rain's ballet.
Define me in their source of gray
where sky dimensions sting like thorns
with flash and thunder to convey
rain's irreversible trace sworn.
Beloved your picture here returns
before me blooms' faint glowing light,
some prominent September's ferns
and primrose scents define the night.
Up there our songs recite above
obsidian crags of granite glass,
noon's scents and railleries of clove
and breezes that caress the grass.
Our forms on orange tulip field
join evanescent feast in dark
the scents become night's silver shield
and we depart on three masts barque.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Obsidian by Giorgio Venetopoulos )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- one hundred and twenty two miles, days, .., Mandolyn ...
- Comet, Naveed Khalid
- Jumbled Sewing Basket, Green And White W.., mary douglas
- Hospitality (Section 9 of Thirukural), rajendran muthiah
- Crushed, Gergana Teofilova
- Not a big deal, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Affinity with truth for all times, gajanan mishra
- Affinity with truth, gajanan mishra
- To the dodo, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- what are you for me, Lalit Kaira