! Obscuring Mist
I felt an obscuring mist...
I laid flat with my belly on bed,
hugged a soft-cottonly pillow
and efforted to forget it...
Closing my eyes...and darkness I see
The sun is attempting to rise,
slowly clearing my vision as it arise.
I sit on my big tree trunk
which kisses the ground as its branches dunk.
No air, low temperature
Just twitting of the early hungry birds.
Ah...how peaceful to see them,
these flocks from the east
this glorious colours of sunrise as they fly to feast!
Mystic presence I feel...this makes me shiver
Its magnetic aura makes me aware,
suddenly I feel restless I cannot bare.
Mist... the feeling makes me lay down biting my lips.
as I hear my heart beats and a rush of red on my cheeks.
Smelled my scent...
obscure scent... and the sudden feeling of obscuring mist!
And I have you...
smelled a breath.
A trace of the mist on my lips.
An invisible, warm and gentle kiss!
The touch outlining my legs
makes them half apart...
And I tasted it...
Damn, obscuring mist!
Inner Whispers's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (! Obscuring Mist by Inner Whispers )
- Contentment, Katherine Nordhaus
- The News Explained it to Me, Vera Sidhwa
- Diwali, Hans Raj Sharma
- One Nation Under God, Katherine Nordhaus
- the weather knows where i'll someday put.., Mandolyn ...
- Love Is, sallam yassin
- MY HEART SMILES TO YOU, john chizoba vincent
- When The Wind Blows, Tony Adah
- If I am just A Character, Felicia Manning
- Only if..., Ntando.B Da poet
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)