OBE State of Mind
from this OBE state of mind
where learning is learning is learning
go to trash,
empty recycle bin.
replete with lewd commentary
and f*** me for thinking
that learning is progress without proper process.
Because class after class
I sit and take notes on my BBM
and update status,
and rewind what you just said
and half wittingly write down
a half-wits perception
on what education ought to be.
I blame others
for my miseducation
when I misrepresent myself
and add insult to injury when I
get my degree and
think I am Aristotle or Sophocles.
Ranting and raving my own inadequacies,
too smart to see
that I am
and therefore I think,
and sit staring and blinking.
I said it,
therefore it must be true...
don't believe me?
Read my degree...
PhD in illusion and mind ruled
by my own confusion.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (OBE State of Mind by Chad Brevis )
- फैमालनि बिदिन्थि, Ronjoy Brahma
- When Whispers Death, Its Cruel Call!, Dr John Celes
- mother, Dr. Ramesh Chandra Mukhopadh ..
- Say You It, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Burning, Spiritwind Wood
- Somebody Often Keeps Asking, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The devotee shows his angry to the God!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Love-bonding With a Muhammedan Girl (Bil.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Mera Amanaat Hai Tum, Amitava Sur
- IN both terms, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- O Tell Me The Truth About Love, WH Auden
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No More Clichés, Octavio Paz
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)