OBE State of Mind
from this OBE state of mind
where learning is learning is learning
go to trash,
empty recycle bin.
replete with lewd commentary
and f*** me for thinking
that learning is progress without proper process.
Because class after class
I sit and take notes on my BBM
and update status,
and rewind what you just said
and half wittingly write down
a half-wits perception
on what education ought to be.
I blame others
for my miseducation
when I misrepresent myself
and add insult to injury when I
get my degree and
think I am Aristotle or Sophocles.
Ranting and raving my own inadequacies,
too smart to see
that I am
and therefore I think,
and sit staring and blinking.
I said it,
therefore it must be true...
don't believe me?
Read my degree...
PhD in illusion and mind ruled
by my own confusion.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (OBE State of Mind by Chad Brevis )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- What I Hold Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Signature Rythmn, Bob Bradley
- Privileged Society, Bob Bradley
- My Little War, Bob Bradley
- Where is it?, Fahri Tasim
- am i pretty?, Rodney R. Cooper
- true story, bro, Mandolyn ...
- What Would I Had Done, Abekah Emmanuel
- beautiful girl nice face, lee fones
- Let's Have A Party!, mary douglas