New legislation dictated-
If The Poor were hungry
They had to live inside a
5x5 mesh cage.
They did as told.
Stood the Public.
They were each given
A ration of one
Some used their double joints
While others practiced a follow through
…Tossing said egg at the mesh cages.
Coating the metal stitching
In dripping yolk.
What dried and crusted inside
The holes of the metal webbing
Was the food for The Poor.
While they ate
The Public chanted:
“Be happy we even gave you that! ”
And the favorite:
“To want more is socialism! ”
After the last egg
Of the new legislation
To clean up
The egg shells
Shattered about their feet.
They did as told.
While a chant echoed:
“Be grateful you have something to do! ”
All the while
The Public ignored the fact
That their taxes
Paid for the eggs.
Making The Chickens
Nothing but wealthy.
A.j. Binash's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Obamacare. by A.j. Binash )
- Poets everywhere, hasmukh amathalal
- New Sandwich, Von Kimball Barney
- Careless, Foster Teegarden
- Butterflies, Deborah Kelley
- Blurred, Foster Teegarden
- Marble Steps, Morgan Michaels
- Fabulous rich, hasmukh amathalal
- Always, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- The condition again, hasmukh amathalal
- Oatmeal Omelet, Von Kimball Barney
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)