New legislation dictated-
If The Poor were hungry
They had to live inside a
5x5 mesh cage.
They did as told.
Stood the Public.
They were each given
A ration of one
Some used their double joints
While others practiced a follow through
…Tossing said egg at the mesh cages.
Coating the metal stitching
In dripping yolk.
What dried and crusted inside
The holes of the metal webbing
Was the food for The Poor.
While they ate
The Public chanted:
“Be happy we even gave you that! ”
And the favorite:
“To want more is socialism! ”
After the last egg
Of the new legislation
To clean up
The egg shells
Shattered about their feet.
They did as told.
While a chant echoed:
“Be grateful you have something to do! ”
All the while
The Public ignored the fact
That their taxes
Paid for the eggs.
Making The Chickens
Nothing but wealthy.
A.j. Binash's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Obamacare. by A.j. Binash )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Draw, Abby Sze
- They Will Be Playing Trick, Neela Nath
- you are not alone, jade mears
- Anti Bullying Poem, jade mears
- Bosses Week, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Musical toy, hasmukh amathalal
- Paper Hearts, Susan Lacovara
- Appreciating The Boss, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A poem for paige, jade mears
- Angel, Brian J. Stafford