O Hush Baby Tory after Sir Walter Scott - Lullaby to an Infant Chief - 0313 Initial Version
O hush, baby Tory, ecology’s 'in”,
and industry’s excess shall sanction as sin,
all enterprise, private or public, must see
advantages saving the seal and the sea.
Green power could capture the red, white, and blue,
lean hours for poor Thatcher and all of her crew,
the Future must settle the Past’s spendthrift spree,
what kilowatts wasted, what lost energy!
Beware, though pollution once sped profits’ rise,
acid rains and dioxide now blanket the skies,
while French leave’s been taken by birds and by bees,
with AIDS round the corner, Love’s no longer free!
With Tchernobyl cooking though four years have fled,
who knows w[h]at reaction can come to a head,
the hole in the ozone may soon prove to be
a threat to humanity, Maggie and me!
(25 April 1990)
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (O Hush Baby Tory after Sir Walter Scott - Lullaby to an Infant Chief - 0313 Initial Version by Jonathan ROBIN )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- chibok girls, ademola oluwabusayo
- Inaudible Words, Naveed Akram
- Russell's Loss, Paul Hartal
- Truth Lies - Kid's Stuff -howtobuilddefe.., sEaN nOrTh
- The Man I Met, Buxton Shippy
- The Penance Of Unguarded Selfishness., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Plants Hurt, Naveed Akram
- My love for my birth land, binod bastola
- Critically Evaluating…Lois Lerner's 'Tru.., James B. Earley
- My wondrous dream, Nalini Chaturvedi