in faked glory of a crystal bowl
the goldfish forgets the sea!
In cages, alone birds pray and sing
'God! Bring A delicate roommate for me! '
unaware vase in boring moments
Expects lifeless flower's fading season!
In mansion, behind an elegant curtain
A window stands welcoming the light, in vain!
I know a tree, so ignorant, it seems
Isolated and Lone, in a barren, hot desert
It sells shade to tired passengers free
and None of them admires its present!
measuring everything by analytic eyes
Love and business make no difference, indeed
We don't share bread, happiness and peace
Only, misery is permitted to come in!
Mehri Mehraban's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nowadays by Mehri Mehraban )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Mistletoe, Walter de la Mare
Poem of the Day
- How to Think Like a Poet, Holly Wotherspoon
- take three hour to digest, Havilah
- Before I go…, Mark Heathcote
- The Stuff Myths are Made of, Holly Wotherspoon
- A Winter Poem, Leslie Philibert
- Angry all the time, Kelly Shanks
- nutmeg needs attention, Havilah
- All Creatures ‘Life Matter, Hebert Logerie
- The Highest Weight Bearing Beam, Michael P. McParland
- This Worthless Beast, Michael P. McParland