Now I Shall Sleep
Now I shall sleep,
My work here is done,
Everyone knows that,
The night shift's not fun.
Now I shall rest,
Me and some others,
Have kept you all safe,
Whilst under your covers.
Now I shall dream,
Get away from it all,
For just a few hours,
Before I answer another call.
The night shift's not fun,
Alertness I must keep,
But when the work's done,
Now I shall sleep.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Now I Shall Sleep by Paul Fowler )
- Crime & War, Dean Meredith
- This world is messy, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Barriers Within, Namita Sawant
- Ma mate kahuchhi, gajanan mishra
- The New Watch, Terence Murphy
- My mother is telling me, gajanan mishra
- The Search, david kush
- Belissima, Patricia Spears Jones
- Ghosts, Patricia Spears Jones
- Let me proceed forward, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 November 1759 – 9 May 1805)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)