Nothing Writes Itself
NOTHING WRITES ITSELF
Nothing writes itself-
Isn’t it enough already?
I have done what I could do
It wasn’t that much-
I need Poetry
Far more than Poetry needs me
It does not need me at all-
I with small lines
Try to belong to its world
But do I? can I?
Oh the world and all the Beauty
I could not write-
And I and my little lines
Dying to be born
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nothing Writes Itself by Shalom Freedman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Carnal Succubus, Is It Poetry
- The Music Just Stops, mike scully
- colorful lies, Mary Amrutha
- Bonus post, Mae AC.
- My Left Hand, Kyle Schlicher
- The Mad Scientist Writing, Kyle Schlicher
- Right or Wrong, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- A Real Friend, Margaret Moran
- you're a vessel i want live on twelve mo.., Mandolyn ...
- Riff on Bruce's Post Card Love Affairs, David McLansky