Nothing Is Mine
Was I anywhere?
I was nowhere,
Yet existed somewhere,
Existence: Beginning to the End.
Initially, a hope with dope,
Then a drop,
Further a clot,
Then clothed: bones and flesh
Shaped a proper shape
In the darkness,
Under the guidance.
Bright heaven: attached.
Life: An attachment: Body and the soul.
Curiosity of love and lust
Waited for grand jashn,
The occasion of arrival,
Ritual, Pray: for survival.
Darkness to glorify world
With a cry I hurled.
Clenched fist with nudity
Without shy: A deity!
A pure innocent, an angel
Wrapped in a towel,
Bathed and clothed.
‘An earthly great creature’
All came to see ‘the marvel’
Desire born within me
After my birth.
“Laugh, cry and the breast”
Permanent persistence within me,
Imitated, with belief
With joy and grief
Unknowingly I knew,
The art of imitation.
Intelligence grasped and clothed;
Intuition, reason, vision, thought….
More I learnt more I sought,
Till I clothed white.
A journey womb to tomb!
Leaving the body calm
Without bread and jam
No one can find
I will be nowhere
I will be somewhere
Nothing was mine, nothing is mine
Ah! Love and pine, an angel or a supine
Nothing will be mine
My poems are for you
My deeds, Self, Characters, all for you to keep
I will be remembered once hid in dark deep.
Mixed with mud turned into dusk
Body in terms of fragrance, the musk
Only for you
I survive and the body dies
Seen by me and by all eyes
(Glory of the Lord,)
I was in the bright world of darkness
I will be again into the bright world
Through the darkness
Death: A detachment: Body and the soul
On thy sweet memory I will reside
In your thought horse, I will ride
Wings of thought flies high
In thy breath; shall I ever die? //....
(Jashn Urdu in English a joyful moment, a party)
Aftab Alam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nothing Is Mine by Aftab Alam )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Love, Baki Yigit
- Hopeless Romantic, Shane Clawson
- Firebird Sunset, Salvatore Ala
- Flicker, Jessica Paige Davies
- I will always return, Jessica Paige Davies
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney
- A Small Something, Jessica Paige Davies
- Shrouded, Jessica Paige Davies