Not Of This World
The road of silence is a dark and lonely path, known
as the reflection of your shadow...a sacrifice of an image!
I held your-hand-as-tight-as-a-heart-beat...
So afraid to look back to the connection of your vision buried so deep...neath unfamiliar snow.
A flicker of light into the waiting room? of your passing
is an angels birthday I light a candle for each year.
Saved before she entered the world by a golden voice!
only to be taken without warning, when she was able to smile and see?
I bless the day that she was born...unlucky they say for some
but an honor for me
a sweet souvenir engraved in my heart cradled without superstition
her name shines from the martyred rock of my origin-crest-history
Surrounded by the land of the living
A welcome note for me.
Martina Moriarty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Not Of This World by Martina Moriarty )
- Feast in candlelight, Fadhil Al Azzawi
- Countryside Today, Sentamu Aziz
- When the sky still had no name, Fadhil Al Azzawi
- Golden Sacrifice, Kwai Chee Low
- Inside a black hole, Fadhil Al Azzawi
- 2 October 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Elegy Number Six, Nouri al Jarrah
- Elegy Number Three, Nouri al Jarrah
- looking, llinda bevan
- Elegy Number Two, Nouri al Jarrah
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Not Waving but Drowning, Stevie Smith
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Tarantella, Hilaire Belloc
- First Day at School, Roger McGough
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)