Not Of This World
The road of silence is a dark and lonely path, known
as the reflection of your shadow...a sacrifice of an image!
I held your-hand-as-tight-as-a-heart-beat...
So afraid to look back to the connection of your vision buried so deep...neath unfamiliar snow.
A flicker of light into the waiting room? of your passing
is an angels birthday I light a candle for each year.
Saved before she entered the world by a golden voice!
only to be taken without warning, when she was able to smile and see?
I bless the day that she was born...unlucky they say for some
but an honor for me
a sweet souvenir engraved in my heart cradled without superstition
her name shines from the martyred rock of my origin-crest-history
Surrounded by the land of the living
A welcome note for me.
Martina Moriarty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Not Of This World by Martina Moriarty )
- Morning Coffee, Bill Grace
- Happenstance Things, Patti Masterman
- Loot-Hoot-Shoot, Aftab Alam
- The Children See Colors, Hebert Logerie
- Ulterior motive, hasmukh amathalal
- Fast Women Speedily Breathing, Luva Boy
- With contentment, hasmukh amathalal
- Not Mini-Apolis, Von Kimball Barney
- NO TIME WASTED, Peter LeBuhn
- Our World, Claude H Oliver II