Not In The Light
As i walked beneath a huge oak tree,
Its shadow a mere shade,
I am a fake.
I am faked.
I am cast into a stone.
I am made from clay
Memories of mine.
Dance on every single wall.
Not broken down inside my mind.
What is left from my damaged past.
Faints to grey.
As i sat between the fallen leaves,
I know I fell.
I am still falling.
I hear the birds.
I see the butterflies.
As the sun sets.
The branches say farewell to the light
I feel the cool chill on the breath of the darkness.
Emotionless to the coming night.
My tears will not wash away my fears.
Not when the moon is shining.
Not in the light.
Unic Cjonr's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Not In The Light by Unic Cjonr )
- For every smile thus there the stars of .., Raymond Sawyer
- he Gift, david kush
- I'm always like this, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Soar Where Those Poor Of Faith Reside, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- He told the officers, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- To touch a star is to be ouch with respe.., Raymond Sawyer
- Her enchanted delight, Amgad Samy
- my glasses, Bull Hawking
- 64 and deaf, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- For every star that one see is the star .., Raymond Sawyer
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- November, Thomas Hood
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 February 1898 – 14 August 1956)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(1 February 1927)