Not In The Light
As i walked beneath a huge oak tree,
Its shadow a mere shade,
I am a fake.
I am faked.
I am cast into a stone.
I am made from clay
Memories of mine.
Dance on every single wall.
Not broken down inside my mind.
What is left from my damaged past.
Faints to grey.
As i sat between the fallen leaves,
I know I fell.
I am still falling.
I hear the birds.
I see the butterflies.
As the sun sets.
The branches say farewell to the light
I feel the cool chill on the breath of the darkness.
Emotionless to the coming night.
My tears will not wash away my fears.
Not when the moon is shining.
Not in the light.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Not In The Light by Unic Cjonr )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Oh God If We Must, mary douglas
- chemical shed, lee fones
- My Friend Forever, Margaret Alice Second
- Sometimes I am afraid, BrokenHeartPheko Motaung
- সময়(Time), Avik Datta Gupta
- Lieu Time, Francie Lynch
- When The Heart Bleeds, Tondana Fatimah Seebaway
- Many Crooked Cops are Shooting and Killing, Hebert Logerie
- My First Love, Tondana Fatimah Seebaway
- To Record What Is Kept, Naveed Akram