Not For You To Know
Quick with the tongue.
Your words, an empty bullet.
Filled with pain, can splinter bones.
Your cursing shivers down the back of my spine.
Cruel intentions were not invented, crafted by the witch.
Borrowing into my skin.
I am wounded.
You are the rotten stitch.
You are the venom.
You are the snake.
You need not to byte to release your poison.
The sulphur in your breath can seldom be prevented.
My heart is a dark rose.
My thorns are even bleeding.
Corrosive is the blood, flowing freely, unstoppable.
Gaining momentum, crushing the petals.
Hammering the nails, rusted, into my soul.
I am feeding off metallic metal.
Preceived beyond the what is what.
The ever inside the never of my believes.
I cannot be deceived, when I was crowned the king of thieves.
What is left, right is unable to retrieve.
Sold by what was sold, bought by the freezing cold.
Creates the ice, protecting my lifeless heart.
So I tell what was told.
I chose pleasure, never you were my treasure.
Where I walk, next to silence.
I am being shaded by the light in grey.
The way from there to where.
Is a length and was a distance.
Not for you to know.
Not for you to measure.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Not For You To Know by Unic Cjonr )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(2 November 1994)
- रंजानाय फैगौ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- The worst expectation, Nnaji Hyacinth sopuluchukwu
- Samantha's Flight, Kewayne Wadley
- GlassHouse, Kewayne Wadley
- Lost Angel Mambo, Kewayne Wadley
- Always in hurry, hasmukh amathalal
- @ DOT COM, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Roswell, Michael Webb
- Period recalled, hasmukh amathalal
- The Wizard of Did!, David Lewis Paget
- I rember your words hung still in the air, Brian Kilpatrick