Little King of Sorrows
Not for Sale
For the life of me I'll never know.
I'm trapped in time not long ago.
Each morning sun anew.
Endless roads await.
Yet I'm chained by sadness.
My manifested fate.
Lustful eyes be winking.
All longing for a dance.
But heart is steady beating.
The tune of lost romance.
The bids are getting higher,
but my love just isn't there.
My songs of pain betray me,
under needy eyes that stare.
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Not for Sale by Little King of Sorrows )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- A Dream Of Death, Luo Zhihai
- Why Life?, Sandra Feldman
- Adrenaline, Raihana Abdul Jabbar
- What was this feeling?, Sergio Jaime
- MERI PRAKRATI, Gunjan Panchal
- There Are So Many Things I Can Still Do, Shalom Freedman
- Heedless, Jubril Balogun
- Missing You, Michael P. McParland
- Against my empty soul, Bee Kilpatrick
- Which One Do I Choose?, Julie Johnson