THE Window has Four little Panes:
But One have I;
The Window-Panes are in its sash,—
I wonder why!
My Feet they haul me 'round the House:
They hoist me up the Stairs;
I only have to steer them and
They ride me everywheres.
Remarkable truly, is Art!
See—Elliptical wheels on a Cart!
It looks very fair
In the Picture up there;
But imagine the Ride when you start!
[Pg 58]I'd rather have fingers than Toes;
I'd rather have Ears than a Nose:
And as for my hair,
I'm glad it's all there,
I'll be awfully sad when it goes!
I wish that my Room had a floor;
I don't so much care for a Door,
But this walking around
Without touching the ground
Is getting to be quite a bore!
Gelett Burgess's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nonsense Verses by Gelett Burgess )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Father of My Country, Diane Wakoski
- Life may move, hasmukh amathalal
- Baby, you are poetry!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Thanking My Mother for Piano Lessons, Diane Wakoski
- Risa, Matthew Hunt
- Inside Out, Diane Wakoski
- Blue Monday, Diane Wakoski
- Belly Dancer, Diane Wakoski
- nigeria freedom, ademola oluwabusayo
- I Am A Frog, Lilly Emery