Paul (ChryWizard) Posney
Sadly, today was my birthday, but no one could tell
I received no, Happy Birthday’s, phone calls, or, no cards in the mail.
I felt like a; nobody, it seems… I have no one who care’s
No one to remember, turning fifty alone, can be hard to bare.
I thought my Mom would remember; so I patiently wait
And, the call from my son and grand children, is only, a little bit late
I thought I had friends, people I’ve known, ten years or more
But I guess; remembering a friends birthday, is; too much of a chore.
It’s nobody’s birthday, and nobody’s home
Nobody’s forgotten, nobody’s alone
Nobody’s seen family, but nobody hears
Not one happy birthday, reaches, nobody’s ears
Nobody notices, the pain felt inside
And, nobody cry’s, when nobody hide’s
Nobody’s alone, with people all around
Nobody; doesn’t matter, so… nobody’s found!
©2011 Paul (ChryWizard) Posney
Paul (ChryWizard) Posney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nobody’s Birthday by Paul (ChryWizard) Posney )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ballistic Word Images, Terence G. Craddock
- A moment of truth, Mark Heathcote
- After Jacques Brel, mary douglas
- I Didn't Want This To Admit, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Deciding They Will Run, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cutting Edges Plaguing, Terence G. Craddock
- Curse, MAD DEW
- Nature's Glory, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- A SECRET, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Life Image Distortions, Terence G. Craddock