Is this what I am to you?
Just another nameless
n o b o d y?
He asked you
if you knew me,
you replied with a 'no'.
Does that mean
our 4-year friendship
was just a b i g w o e?
I felt the s t a b b i n g
of your s h a r p words
in my chest
as I imagined you
making up the rest.
You've finally untied
the blindfold that I wore.
The clues and hints
were i n f r o n t o f m y e y e s
I don't know how long I can go on like this -
p r e t e n d i n g I never saw a thing.
That it was just a f i g m e n t o f m y i m a g i n at i o n -
another one of those flings.
It scarred me f o r l i f e.
It made me die
a little inside.
But everything happens
for a reason.
I c a n ' t u n d o it
even if I tried.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nobody by Unintelligible Susurration )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Resilience, Skyline's Vermillion Intermi.., Ryan Scales
- strayed desires, Asma Riaz Khan
- Kill me............, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Let me salute you, gajanan mishra
- Life is Beautiful, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Changing Landscapes Of Time, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- should i add this to our Irish stew?, Mandolyn ...
- Reflections, Nero CaroZiv
- The shadow in my garden, Piyush Dey
- Something and something, gajanan mishra