Is this what I am to you?
Just another nameless
n o b o d y?
He asked you
if you knew me,
you replied with a 'no'.
Does that mean
our 4-year friendship
was just a b i g w o e?
I felt the s t a b b i n g
of your s h a r p words
in my chest
as I imagined you
making up the rest.
You've finally untied
the blindfold that I wore.
The clues and hints
were i n f r o n t o f m y e y e s
I don't know how long I can go on like this -
p r e t e n d i n g I never saw a thing.
That it was just a f i g m e n t o f m y i m a g i n at i o n -
another one of those flings.
It scarred me f o r l i f e.
It made me die
a little inside.
But everything happens
for a reason.
I c a n ' t u n d o it
even if I tried.
Unintelligible Susurration's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nobody by Unintelligible Susurration )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Christmas Bells, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Where I Am #1, Holly Wotherspoon
- Darkness #2, Holly Wotherspoon
- Last Minute Christmas Eve 1964, mary douglas
- Darkness #1, Holly Wotherspoon
- I Don't Want, Michael P. McParland
- Red Tulips, Holly Wotherspoon
- Holding On, Michael P. McParland
- Holding You Tight, Michael P. McParland
- Hold On, Michael P. McParland
- Just Wasn't Deep Enough, Kyle Schlicher