Is this what I am to you?
Just another nameless
n o b o d y?
He asked you
if you knew me,
you replied with a 'no'.
Does that mean
our 4-year friendship
was just a b i g w o e?
I felt the s t a b b i n g
of your s h a r p words
in my chest
as I imagined you
making up the rest.
You've finally untied
the blindfold that I wore.
The clues and hints
were i n f r o n t o f m y e y e s
I don't know how long I can go on like this -
p r e t e n d i n g I never saw a thing.
That it was just a f i g m e n t o f m y i m a g i n at i o n -
another one of those flings.
It scarred me f o r l i f e.
It made me die
a little inside.
But everything happens
for a reason.
I c a n ' t u n d o it
even if I tried.
Unintelligible Susurration's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nobody by Unintelligible Susurration )
- Names, Frank Avon
- Freedom, stephen ifill
- A Challenge Title Contest - 2014's Nov. .., Brian Johnston
- Missing Links, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Evermore, Sheehan Patrick Augustine
- A lovely even for the stars of respect., Raymond Sawyer
- Silence Passed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I am thankful for my children Ethan, and.., Sagrario Garcia
- The universe is conspiring in our favor, Sagrario Garcia
- A Disagreement, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1927)
- Heather Burns
(1644 - 1694)