Is this what I am to you?
Just another nameless
n o b o d y?
He asked you
if you knew me,
you replied with a 'no'.
Does that mean
our 4-year friendship
was just a b i g w o e?
I felt the s t a b b i n g
of your s h a r p words
in my chest
as I imagined you
making up the rest.
You've finally untied
the blindfold that I wore.
The clues and hints
were i n f r o n t o f m y e y e s
I don't know how long I can go on like this -
p r e t e n d i n g I never saw a thing.
That it was just a f i g m e n t o f m y i m a g i n at i o n -
another one of those flings.
It scarred me f o r l i f e.
It made me die
a little inside.
But everything happens
for a reason.
I c a n ' t u n d o it
even if I tried.
Unintelligible Susurration's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nobody by Unintelligible Susurration )
- DR.JOSE RIZAL the Hero and the great Mal.., Antonio Liao
- ಧೂಮ್ರಪಾನ ರಗಳೆ, Deepak Malapur
- Sheep of yesterday, today and ever..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Money plays, hasmukh amathalal
- Thinking's Mates, michael walkerjohn
- translate button on blouse, Havilah
- BEAUTY, BUT NOT BEAUTIFUL, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Beauty Of Song, Eve Carter
- WHINING FAITH, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Savoring Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)