Be wars of the highest enquiry,
No matter what truth is thrown around the world!
Nobody gives passports in this generation,
More respect stands for the patriot,
No critics give no success.
Be wars of the higher quality,
Liking the masters of the stars,
Fitting them into cells of self-defence,
Licking their knowledge one day,
Feeding the bricks of the sky.
You will fall for anything,
You hand over tears that reign,
Then the throne of your expertise
Is hurt by the pain of wars,
Jolliness has jewels of the same kind.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Wars by Naveed Akram )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)