No Toga Required
No Toga Required
I must admit to smoking Djarum cigars & drinking way too much
I hang out at the coffee shops as if they were non-alcoholic taverns -
my hopefully sanitized brawl with lack of liberality...Carefully and deliberately
selected flight of fancy.
• I feel only Catullus, the ancient Roman poet would understand me - my
puffed-out chest. My arrogant ordering of one the only affordable outings in
this current society.
I think Catallus would see it all with humor...Scribe it all down with hilarity
and then read it in the atrium of some wealthy Roman after the discussion of
politics has ended and to retract it to ever be invited to dinner again
Middle aged and older people do not stop being who we are. We simply add
very comfortable walking shoes.
Some day you will say 'Salve Civus' to a stranger on a street and like them. That stranger
will be the flesh and blood metamorphic of you.
Romella Kitchens's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (No Toga Required by Romella Kitchens )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Valentine With Doves On The Seven Last W.., mary douglas
- Family, Wullien Thang
- In The Deep Shade Of Luscious Cherry Lan.., mary douglas
- To Inscribe A New Poem, Ali Faisal
- In The Looking Glass, It Began To Snow, mary douglas
- Anchor Your Stained Glass Shadows In The.., mary douglas
- Over a bug;, george albot
- On Her Wintry Planet, At The Close Of Day, mary douglas
- Losing The Blue Madonna To The Skies, mary douglas
- WHO IS THIS BEAST YOUR RIDING >>&g.., sEaN nOrTh