No Strings Attached
I bore you in my womb,
God brought you forth on the day you were to be born,
He chose me as your mom because I had the perfect DNA to make you all you are,
Also he chose your father, for his DNA to create you just to his specifications.
He molded you through our hands to be loving and kind,
We did our best as parents to please you, to keep you safe and sound...
To protect you, to guide you, to encourage you...
You had a beautiful home, where visitors came often and willingly,
They came joyfully and wantingly...
They brought you more love, laughs and compassion...
They too helped form you.
We gave you brothers and sisters so you would never have to walk the world alone,
You had good meals, good medical, dental, eyes...
We never took a holiday for ourselves but instead took the money to buy your school needs for Sept would come so fast...
We set the table with love and gratitude filling our hearts
You were precious..more precious that diamonds...
You were costly....more costly than gold...
You are beautful...more beautiful than diamonds
And nothing we desired compared to you...
You are now thriving and arriving at your own destination in life.
I see you happy and successful, healthy and content
What more could a mother ask? ?
I would have loved that we would continue to share life with you at least on some cooperative, respectful level,
Since you have chosen the extreme measure to evict me from your life,
I have had to come to acceptance, sadly,
And with great difficulty.
My life goes on...
I have also moved on with an open heart praying and hoping one day...
You might contact me...
And start a new chapter in your life that would include me....just a little....sometimes
I love you my adult children...
Always and Forever
Cambridge Keenan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (No Strings Attached by Cambridge Keenan )
- Resistance To Change, Is It Poetry
- The Pirate's Lament, Alex Dubedat
- Live Life Smiling, Elizabeth Garcia
- Quiet Dave, Adeosun Olamide
- We Are That, Tushar Ray
- Old-Fashioned Cosmology, douglas scotney
- Dreamt Of You 3, Michael McParland
- That's When You Do It, douglas scotney
- Freedom in Love's Prison, Paul Hartal
- Gun Propaganda, Is It Poetry
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(22 March 1941 -)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)