NO SLEEP AT NIGHT
There’s nothing worse than to lie awake throughout the night
As your heart and mind ponder with compassion.
You toss and you turn as you pray to God
To free you from misbehavior’s hurt and passion.
No sleep means they’ll be a long day tomorrow
Where all we endure seems more intense and cruel.
Whatever it is which keeps us fearful and awake
We must give to God for advancement of a fool.
Every champion of the Bible prayed to God for His wisdom
Every time they we’re afraid, lost, sad or alone.
No one can overcome life’s sins of evil, hate and greed
Without Divine love we stumble, struggle, fail and cry on our own.
Tom's 602 Poems Are Free To Share!
By God's Poet
Most Published Poet
On The Web!
THANK YOU FOR WHO YOU ARE IN YOUR HEART = tom!
Tom Zart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (NO SLEEP AT NIGHT by Tom Zart )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- is life just a?, Ganesh Veeraraghavan
- A C P C - 2015/02 Challenge Poem - New C.., Brian Johnston
- tea by the roadside, Ganesh Veeraraghavan
- Dance With Me, Michael P. McParland
- Spy Terrorist, Marieta Maglas
- So what becomes of you my love?, Akhil S Behl
- In the Eye of the Ferris Wheel, Reagan A. Latumbo
- On Taking Secretaries to Lunch, Donal Mahoney
- The Lizard Said Yes, Tony Adah
- For real this time, yashovardhan kulkarni