No Need to Fear
You, alone in a corner, cowering in fear
Waiting for the inevitable blow to fall,
See a hand flash above you, and flinch,
But the hand extends, gently lifts you up,
You look up and there I am, smiling gently,
My hand in yours, our energy combining, saying
'There is no need to fear anymore, my friend.
You are safe with me.'
As confused as you are, you understand, and here one more thing,
Something I never meant you to hear, until we were together,
'I can believe you don't know how beautiful you really are.'
And you are: Perfect as an amethyst, softer than moonlight,
Yet more powerful than any king
In my eyes, you are the legendary Helen of Troy,
And I would fight a war to be with you
Nothing can stand in my way in my battle for you
As long as you feel the same towards me.
If you are with me, nothing can harm you
No natural disaster can affect you
No person could harm you for long
Without me defending you with my life
I would die for your safety
As long as I knew
A priceless treasure was being preserved
And the next guy would be better than me
I will watch over you, and safety
Will never leave your side.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Need to Fear by Raleigh Jagt )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- you're a vessel i want live on twelve mo.., Mandolyn ...
- Riff on Bruce's Post Card Love Affairs, David McLansky
- Eternal Thirst, Lora Colon
- When I look at you, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Formalities Not Necessary, Margaret Moran
- two women, Nassy Fesharaki
- I have seen everywhere, gajanan mishra
- joe dassin, co the skipper
- Of Course, Sonya Annita Song
- Martyrdom, Meena Somasundaram