No Need to Fear
You, alone in a corner, cowering in fear
Waiting for the inevitable blow to fall,
See a hand flash above you, and flinch,
But the hand extends, gently lifts you up,
You look up and there I am, smiling gently,
My hand in yours, our energy combining, saying
'There is no need to fear anymore, my friend.
You are safe with me.'
As confused as you are, you understand, and here one more thing,
Something I never meant you to hear, until we were together,
'I can believe you don't know how beautiful you really are.'
And you are: Perfect as an amethyst, softer than moonlight,
Yet more powerful than any king
In my eyes, you are the legendary Helen of Troy,
And I would fight a war to be with you
Nothing can stand in my way in my battle for you
As long as you feel the same towards me.
If you are with me, nothing can harm you
No natural disaster can affect you
No person could harm you for long
Without me defending you with my life
I would die for your safety
As long as I knew
A priceless treasure was being preserved
And the next guy would be better than me
I will watch over you, and safety
Will never leave your side.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Need to Fear by Raleigh Jagt )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Unintentional Existence: Repository Citr.., Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Friendzone (Rap song), Clint Kingham
- The Marché Aux Puces And The Jardin Des .., William Daryl Hine
- The Lake, William Daryl Hine
- The Copper Beech, William Daryl Hine
- On This Rock, William Daryl Hine
- Last Words, William Daryl Hine
- Echo, William Daryl Hine
- Don Juan In Amsterdam, William Daryl Hine
- A Thousand Words, William Daryl Hine