No Need to Fear
You, alone in a corner, cowering in fear
Waiting for the inevitable blow to fall,
See a hand flash above you, and flinch,
But the hand extends, gently lifts you up,
You look up and there I am, smiling gently,
My hand in yours, our energy combining, saying
'There is no need to fear anymore, my friend.
You are safe with me.'
As confused as you are, you understand, and here one more thing,
Something I never meant you to hear, until we were together,
'I can believe you don't know how beautiful you really are.'
And you are: Perfect as an amethyst, softer than moonlight,
Yet more powerful than any king
In my eyes, you are the legendary Helen of Troy,
And I would fight a war to be with you
Nothing can stand in my way in my battle for you
As long as you feel the same towards me.
If you are with me, nothing can harm you
No natural disaster can affect you
No person could harm you for long
Without me defending you with my life
I would die for your safety
As long as I knew
A priceless treasure was being preserved
And the next guy would be better than me
I will watch over you, and safety
Will never leave your side.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Need to Fear by Raleigh Jagt )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 July 1849 – 19 November 1887)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(November 9 - 1937)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Let Me Die A Youngman's Death, Roger McGough
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Bologna: A Poem About Gold, James Arlington Wright
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- ETC3, shuvo chakraborty
- SONNET II, Sir Toby Moses
- Tamil on decline, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- A Life-Lesson, Luo Zhihai
- The Sunprincess, Akhtar Jawad
- Movement incidental, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Before Storm, Luo Zhihai
- Fate rules the outcome., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Cheap labor, Nassy Fesharaki
- Feed the ego, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.