No Man Is An Island
A man is no island,
But can only entitle to his farmland.
A man is a bird that needs its wings,
A fish that needs its fins.
A man is a pen that needs the ink,
A person that needs to think.
A man, not afraid to admit to himself,
Everything wrong around to oneself,
Thinking, he is in need of no assistance!
Is just a fool, only to himself.
Like Eve was sent for Adam,
Alone, man can go no further.
No man is a tree without its roots,
A wasted tree without its fruits.
No man Is an Island on its own,
For there is a link, to every soul.
Segun Adebiyi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Man Is An Island by Segun Adebiyi )
- Hurting 2, Michael McParland
- Pen it down, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Mountain Parkway, Stacy L. Mar
- Alabama Truck Stops, Stacy L. Mar
- Of Supernovas and Starfire, Stacy L. Mar
- Of You, Who Do Not Know Me, Stacy L. Mar
- The Wind Blowing Backwards, Stacy L. Mar
- Metrazol, Luke J. Holt
- Sliding Into Old Shoes, Stacy L. Mar
- Like Fallen Gods, Stacy L. Mar
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns