No Man Is An Island
A man is no island,
But can only entitle to his farmland.
A man is a bird that needs its wings,
A fish that needs its fins.
A man is a pen that needs the ink,
A person that needs to think.
A man, not afraid to admit to himself,
Everything wrong around to oneself,
Thinking, he is in need of no assistance!
Is just a fool, only to himself.
Like Eve was sent for Adam,
Alone, man can go no further.
No man is a tree without its roots,
A wasted tree without its fruits.
No man Is an Island on its own,
For there is a link, to every soul.
Segun Adebiyi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Man Is An Island by Segun Adebiyi )
- If all know is love, Mark Heathcote
- Remove Yourself From Bitterness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Fornicating In The Bowels Of Unswerving .., Captain Cur
- im not okay, Faith Taylors
- The world is like a worm, Mark Heathcote
- Our shared tear, Julie Shirley
- Conscious Peal, Adeosun Olamide
- Living Contradictions, Sandra Feldman
- Alley Church, Adeosun Olamide
- Desirable Effects, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- V: Song: To Celia, Ben Jonson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Heather Burns