No Man Is An Island
A man is no island,
But can only entitle to his farmland.
A man is a bird that needs its wings,
A fish that needs its fins.
A man is a pen that needs the ink,
A person that needs to think.
A man, not afraid to admit to himself,
Everything wrong around to oneself,
Thinking, he is in need of no assistance!
Is just a fool, only to himself.
Like Eve was sent for Adam,
Alone, man can go no further.
No man is a tree without its roots,
A wasted tree without its fruits.
No man Is an Island on its own,
For there is a link, to every soul.
Segun Adebiyi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Man Is An Island by Segun Adebiyi )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- January’s Sad Refrain, Teresa Dearing
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- And so why, Luv Artem
- Riddle Poem-4, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Spring in the Holy Land, Nero CaroZiv
- A Man Of Different Charectarestics, Musa Ndhlovu
- Ever Hike in Hope, Pintu Mahakul
- The Past, Eugene Latumbo
- Lovely Hand, Pintu Mahakul
- There you are, Cee Bea
- Memories:, Gaurav Pandey
- Loneliness, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan