No Love Lost Here
Through my mind your words do play, every second, every day,
And these vines they wrap and tightly bound, around this soul a choking sound.
But here I stay with no escape, refused resistance, pressured nape.
Whilst in the distance, someone plays, mindless games, unknown betrayed.
Denial is strong and grips her tight, she won’t see me if she plays at night.
A story woven, between us two, you kept us separate to keep it true.
And this web was weak, an easy break, but still we guard it, too much at stake.
Her passion soft, mine like fire, a novelty now, that you soon will tire.
And aware am I that the end is near, and she knows I'm true as you kiss her fear.
You sooth the cold, and drag me in, towards deceit, this surrendered sin.
When all is gone, I sit alone, imagine you with her at home.
And in my head, my thoughts do play, and taunt confusion, my want to stray.
But now false feelings feel so true, I crave the wrongness of me and you,
Desire to run, through woods and trees, get tangled in the thorns and leaves.
But forlorn and lone I walk through sands, deserted passion, abandoned lands.
And now I wonder where you went, forceful feelings now absent spent.
You left me short to go alone, and those lonely nights turned my heart to stone.
So when you called, to reel me in, I faked response and played with sin.
The bitter taste that left me cold now raised its head at feelings old.
And now those vines that held my soul filled up my presence and mock my whole.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Love Lost Here by Terri Louise )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(c. 600 BCE)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death Be Not Proud, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Wrapped Around Your Finger, Amber Carr
- With full freedom, hasmukh amathalal
- તે જ જોવાનું..tej jovaanu, hasmukh amathalal
- Sounds, Vera Sidhwa
- The Sounds, Vera Sidhwa
- Absence, Neela Nath
- Not Knowing What Might Have Been, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The rising, gajanan mishra
- Flowing Water, Vera Sidhwa
- Cooling Water, Vera Sidhwa