Little King of Sorrows
No Drug Compares
All of the weed and all of the beer,
Can't amount to the feeling of holding you near.
The rush through my body, that makes my heart soar.
Just keeps me longing and wanting you more.
My favorite drug. This phenomenal high.
I hope I O.D. On your love when I die.
A feeling so perfect from my head to my toes.
Consuming my body where ever it goes.
All from your touch and the sound of your voice.
I think I have found my new drug of choice.
The only treatment I need. Is that which you give.
They can't tell me to quit. The reason I live.
I'm truly addicted, to your love alone.
The most powerful addiction I've ever known.
I'd sell my belongings. I'd spend every cent.
To take one more hit of your wonderful scent.
I'm feining for you, even now as I speak.
I'm feeling my body get terribly weak.
I'm feeling so down, there's only one cure.
My lovely addiction, I need you for sure.
© 2013 L.K.Sorrows
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Drug Compares by Little King of Sorrows )
- The Occident's Secession, michael walkerjohn
- One's Mind, michael walkerjohn
- Mind's Refuse, michael walkerjohn
- 6 is truly 9, michael walkerjohn
- Flowers!, rajendran muthiah
- Never feel alone, hasmukh amathalal
- Last Words Played, michael walkerjohn
- Death is certain, hasmukh amathalal
- The Little Men, michael walkerjohn
- Furthest Right, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley