Little King of Sorrows
No Drug Compares
All of the weed and all of the beer,
Can't amount to the feeling of holding you near.
The rush through my body, that makes my heart soar.
Just keeps me longing and wanting you more.
My favorite drug. This phenomenal high.
I hope I O.D. On your love when I die.
A feeling so perfect from my head to my toes.
Consuming my body where ever it goes.
All from your touch and the sound of your voice.
I think I have found my new drug of choice.
The only treatment I need. Is that which you give.
They can't tell me to quit. The reason I live.
I'm truly addicted, to your love alone.
The most powerful addiction I've ever known.
I'd sell my belongings. I'd spend every cent.
To take one more hit of your wonderful scent.
I'm feining for you, even now as I speak.
I'm feeling my body get terribly weak.
I'm feeling so down, there's only one cure.
My lovely addiction, I need you for sure.
© 2013 L.K.Sorrows
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Drug Compares by Little King of Sorrows )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(23 November 1920 - 20 April 1970)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(June 7, 1943)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
Poem of the Day
- A Brief History of Abstract Art, Paul Hartal
- Thy melody is lost, ramesh rai
- Under The Raging Water, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Daughter of Eve, ramesh rai
- Schmacebook, Esther Moe
- Excuses, Michelle Dragonfly
- They Say, Michelle Dragonfly
- someone asked me why i have so many jars.., Mandolyn ...
- Not A Fairytale, Apolynn Lagaras
- let's worship nothing, forever, Mandolyn ...